Where: National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham
When: 10am – 6pm. 6th and 7th May 2006
Tickets Adults/Children: Day tickets £7.50/£4.00 Weekend tickets £12.00/ £6.00
NEC Box Office: 0870 730 0063
The colours, the energy, the excitement. No where else in Europe can you experience such an extensive range of fight sports, classic martial arts, culturally stimulating displays and cutting edge health and fitness knowledge under one roof. With fully interactive seminars, guest stars and now the first ever Martial Arts Film Festival in the UK, Seni 06 is not to be missed.
Seni05 saw thousands of people pass through its doors and 2006 is set to be bigger and better. This year the show offers five key zones ensuring there’s something for everyone.
- Purist fighters and Eastern culture lovers will be amazed at the Classical Warrior zone for traditional arts, workshops and fashion.
- Fight lovers of any age will be entertained for hours seeing the stars and displays in Fightsport for Ultimate Fighting (MMA), Boxing, Thai Boxing and Wrestling.
- The Survival zone will cater towards both male and female visitors offering tips and seminars on self protection and reality based combat.
- Extreme fitness enthusiasts will not tire in the Powersport zone.
- And you will not fail to be amazed in the Tournament zone covering a huge range of open championships.
As an exhibition, Seni has a show floor packed with the most innovative suppliers in everything martial arts as well as fitness & nutrition, merchandise, film, gaming and the armed forces. The show is an interactive lifestyle event for not only the extreme athlete and dedicated fight fan. “We believe Seni offers something for everyone” says Paul Alderson, Seni Organiser “Seni offers a chance for the public to discover and participate in the diversity of fight sport culture.”
Seni has also become renowned for hosting some of Europe’s most exciting fight shows and live events and Seni06 will be no different holding over 30 live events!
Pain and Glory – The UK’s unique Martial Arts Fight Night – featuring the very best international athletes matched across full contact fight genres – K1, Kickboxing, Muay Thai Boxing and MMA.
Seni Film Festival – the first ever festival dedicated to martial arts cinema. John Saxon Co star of Bruce Lee’s Enter the Dragon will make trip to Seni show as will Gordon Lau veteran of many movies, including the Shaw Brother classics and more recently Kill Bill.
Mind Body & Kick Ass Moves seminars – There are over 50 sessions available for visitors to take part in. There is a host of international instructors booked to provide a range of classes and workshops including UFC champion Chuck Liddell and Thai boxing superstar Ramon Dekker.
Article by: UKMA.
Article date: March 2006.